Routine, high-quality office cleaning services are critical to the success of every organization--contributing to the health and productivity of the occupants, halting the spread of infection, and maximizing its appeal to consumers and the local community.
The Impact of Office Cleaning Services on Health and Performance
Poorly cleaned offices result in sick employees, translating to higher costs and reduced profits.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that productivity losses linked to absenteeism cost employers $225.8 billion annually in the United States, or $1,685 per employee.
According to the Harvard Business Review, more employees are working when they are sick, costing employers about $150 billion to $250 billion or 60 percent of the total cost of worker illness.
Additionally, chronic diseases, a rapidly-aging workforce and factors like stress, fatigue and depression all affect employers’ revenue.
Conversely, clean offices result in a happier workforce, translating to increased productivity.
[...] according to the 2017 Healthy Hand Washing Survey, 89 percent of Americans believe the condition of a workplace restroom is one indicator of how a company values its workforce.
Regular cleaning of restrooms and other key areas in the workplace will ensure that hygiene remains at the forefront and doesn’t go unnoticed by employees and visitors.
Plus, there’s an added bonus of happier employees.
A 2015 study found that they are 12 percent more productive, while unhappy employees are 10 percent less productive.
Post-Pandemic Office Worker Cleaning Demands
Post-COVID, most office workers want better cleaning services performed more often and completed by trained service providers.
According to the result of a recent survey:
- 73% of respondents said they wanted their workplace cleaned daily.
- 33% were concerned their employer wasn't doing enough to keep the office clean and safe.
- 76% felt it was important to use trained and certified commercial cleaning service providers.
When asked to rank the importance of commercial disinfection services in the office:
- 90% of respondents felt that the frequent disinfection and cleaning of high-touch surfaces was most important.
- 83% cited the use of EPA-approved products.
- 71% listed cleaning service providers certified through a third party as necessary.
- 70% wanted to see test results demonstrating the elimination of bacteria on surfaces immediately after cleaning completion, and;
- 68% felt that using electrostatic sprayers, foggers, and misters to apply disinfectants to all surfaces was critical.
- Employee Concerns About Workplace Safety Continue to Rise Despite Increased Focus on Cleaning and Disinfection and Vaccine Availability
The Benefits of Vanguard Cleaning Systems of the Ozarks' Office Cleaning Services
Vanguard Cleaning Systems has a better than 98% customer satisfaction rating for a reason.
We strive to:
- Reduce the amount of time and money required to improve and maintain the cleanliness of your facility, and;
- Always use eco-friendly equipment and products in all applicable cases.
We accomplish this by:
- Assigning a dedicated service manager and team to your account, and;
- Customizing a plan specific to your business needs now and in the future.
High-quality office cleaning focused on occupant health is crucial for businesses striving to recover from the pandemic and remain competitive in the coming years.
Year after year, studies have shown the impact office cleanliness has on occupant health, wellness, and productivity.
In a post-pandemic world, skilled and highly sought-after knowledge workers want to see improved cleaning measures performed by trained and certified service providers using the latest in cleaning technologies and proven commercial cleaning and disinfection products.
Need more capability from your janitor?--Let's talk.
In Oklahoma, dial 918-960-4450
In Arkansas, dial 479-717-2410
In Missouri, dial 417-812-9777