It's not too late to take advantage of a springtime deep cleaning service that is guaranteed to make your office safer and your workers happier, healthier, and more productive.
Springtime Deep Cleaning
Routine high-quality office cleaning has several documented benefits for businesses, including:
- Higher occupant productivity and accuracy.
- Fewer injuries.
- Lower absenteeism.
- Better inventory controls and documentation, and;
- Improved document storage and retention policies and controls.
However, there are always areas of a building that, for whatever reason, aren't cleaned as often or as deeply as they could be, resulting in the buildup of dirt and allergens, as well as potentially playing host to germs and bacteria.
Springtime--roughly the middle of March to the middle of June--is the perfect time to address these gaps in workplace hygiene for several reasons.
- The weather has warmed up, and the rains will start to abate, meaning all of the mud, deicing, and other chemicals drug in from the street over the winter can finally be removed.
- Sping is the approximate end of the cold and flu seasons, but germs and pathogenic bacteria may be lingering and still infectious, and;
- Spring is also the start of the dreaded allergy season, so removing dust and allergens that have been hanging out for most of the year will go a long way toward relieving chronic sufferers and preventing acute attacks or the onset of asthma symptoms.
Commonly Missed Areas to Deep Clean for Spring
Deep cleaning areas, such as windows, blinds, floors, and furniture can significantly reduce dirt and oils that impair the efficacy of routine cleaning services while improving the overall health of your building and the safety of its occupants.
And, according to Good Housekeeping, spring cleaning is an absolute must for asthma sufferers and those with seasonal allergies.
As it turns out, if you suffer from allergies and asthma, overlooking spring cleaning isn’t so great for your body.
In fact, all that dust and pet dander can impact your respiratory and immune systems in a big way.
Skipping Spring Cleaning Can Make Allergies and Asthma Much Worse, According to Doctors
Windows & Blinds
Clean windows maximize the amount of light and heat that comes through them, translating into reduced energy consumption and lower energy bills.
Additionally, white light from the sun has several documented health benefits for facility occupants, including:
- Reduced stress and anxiety, and;
- Improved sleep, which means;
- More productive employees.
Conversely, dirty windows and blinds can harbor dirt, allergens, and mold that can lead to:
- Itchy eyes.
- Coughing and sneezing.
- Fatigue, and;
- In the case of certain molds, extreme illness.
Carpets & Floors
Carpets and floors typically take a beating during the winter, especially in the Mid-Western States, where rainfall and snow are common and prolific.
Additionally, deicing chemicals used to protect pedestrians can lead to severe damage to well-trafficked hard floors and carpets, significantly impacting the professional appearance of the facility and the business, as well as reducing the functional lifespan of the costly investment.
Deep cleaning floors and carpets, especially in entryways and main thoroughfares throughout the facility, will:
- Remove dirt, chemicals, bacteria, and other microbes trafficked in on the bottom of people's shoes.
- Protect the facility's investment in the built environment, and;
- Reduce the chances of slip and fall accidents and injuries.
Furniture & Personal Tech
Office furniture, especially:
- Filing cabinets, and;
- Chairs and couches;
are often missed due to the difficulty in cleaning them effectively, often resulting from clutter.
Decluttering and removing papers from old projects, junk from shelves and cabinets, and pulling out chairs and couches from the walls, will assist with access and cleaning, reducing the presence of dust and allergens, which means a healthier and happier workplace.
- Phone headsets.
- Keyboards, and;
suffer from the same kinds of access and cleanliness issues, but have been documented to harbor far more than dust and allergens.
In repeated studies, workplace electronics have been shown to harbor dangerous pathogens and pathogenic bacteria that can quickly spread from one surface to an entire office.
Decluttering your desk and making these items easy to access and clean ensures a safe and healthy workspace free of, sometimes deadly, germs and bacteria.
References & Resources
There is still plenty of time to take advantage of the productivity, health, and wellness benefits that springtime deep cleaning affords.
Outsourcing your facility's needs to an experienced provider is a proven method for onboarding these critical and in-demand services quickly and at a fraction of the cost of maintaining a similar service in-house.
Contact us today and discover why Vanguard Cleaning Systems® is the Standard of Clean® for businesses throughout Northwest Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
In Oklahoma, dial 918-960-4450
In Arkansas, dial 479-717-2410
In Missouri, dial 417-812-9777